Thursday, July 14, 2011

Welcome ToThe Jungle


I have a little Guns N Roses playing in my head every time I head out to our little garden.The continuing sequence of hot humid summer days & then heavy rain has amounted to ginormous growth in the garden . Plus, I think we were a little over ambitious in our planting for such a small bed.

We've had cucumbers, strawberries, broccoli and cherry tomatoes pop up in the last few weeks. My favorite so far has been the lettuce & cucumbers ! Although the cucumber plant keeps trying to choke the other plants out & definitely needs something to crawl up on.

This fall I think we will build one, if not two more beds for next spring. I've really liked the raised bed. It is easy to plant, keep watered and very little weeds. We just need to work on space for each individual plant :)

And can you believe that we have not seen one praying mantis ?! We probably released at least 20 of them out there, if not more.

These made a nice salad with some of our lettuce.

A little crowded ! Our huge broccoli plant is in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. Love your garden, we failed on ours this year too much rain! V is getting so big and it is fun to watch these kids grow!

    ReplyDelete