Friday, October 21, 2011

Out of Egypt

We should be wrapping up our Egypt/desert unit within the next week. At least this is the plan. :)Although it has been a fascinating unit study with lots of cool projects, we are ready for some new material. I love that the length of the units are 30 days. This gives me a chance to regroup & revise things between units to make things run a little smoother. I have learned so much about my kids & how each one of them learn these last 30 days and what IS working and what is NOT working for us as a group.I feel like this has been my trial unit. I've got lots of ideas floating around in my head for the next unit, Greece/Human Body. The hard part is staying focused on the last bit of Egypt/desert. Which is also the case for the kids. Bring on Greece !

Here are some things we have finished up this week......


Maps of Egypt


Desert lap books


Miniature models of structures they could build for shelter in Nature Enrichment Class


Zoe's finished pot holder made in Nature Enrichment Class

No comments:

Post a Comment