Thursday, May 26, 2011

Straight From The Garden


The other night I went to pull out a head of lettuce to make a salad & there wasn't enough. So, I headed out to the garden and picked some spinach & lettuce. Luckily, we had enough for each of us to have a small bowl. How awesome is that ? I checked yesterday and we already have enough lettuce & spinach growing back for another salad this week. Yippee ! The radishes are also from our garden. I can't wait for all the other delicious veggies to grow.

Other things growing in the back yard,

Baby birds ,

Mammoth worms,which have been great for our garden

Our crazy radishes ,which I'm sure we will never run out of

Our praying mantises are also spotted frequently in the garden. There were so many that even after giving lots away to gardeners we sent a small army of them out into our back yard. The 4 we were going to keep as pets died. They were just too small & fragile. We told the kids that after they grow a little in the garden maybe we can try to keep one as a pet.

2 comments:

  1. Wow the garden is coming along great! That salad looks delicious!! By the way- I LOVE the pictures you have on the side of the kids. Every picture of them is so cute- LOVEEE the one of Carson. I need copies of each of those pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cory but the best pic is your homepage one! Hysterical!!! Did they pose? Love it that you're doin' the garden

    ReplyDelete